- (February 16, 2006) We have a Kenmore (Whirlpool) refrigerator with ice and water in the door. This filter is for that water source. After living in Phoenix and San Jose, places with very bad water, I no longer trust the tap water that feeds this line, and always look for quality filters. We also drink a lot of bottled water. Cost of mine, from ABT Electronics via Price Grabber, with free shipping (wow!) was $34.00. That works out to 8.5 cents per gallon. At that price, even if I had a whole house water filter, I'd get one of these for the fridge. Of course, bulk orders offer more discounted pricing. There is a light at the top of the refrigerator side which monitors the status of the filte
- (February 28, 2007) This cartridge does a great job and performance is noticable.. Lasts about 6 - 7 months before you need to change. If you can notice water presure dropping you may need to change it sooner. The LG 5231JA2006-B reduces: 99.9% of Particulates Class I 97.6% chlorine taste & odor 91.2% of Mercury at pH 8.5 96.7% of Mercury at pH 6.5 99.35% of Lead 95.9% of Atrazine 96.3% of Benzene 93.06% of 2,4-D 99.09% of Lindane 99.99% of Cysts 99.3% of Turbidity
- (December 29, 2006) Thfe filter unit is nicely designed for easse of changing. But ease of changing implies frequency, and having to order an expensive unit for home delivery jacks up the price...recommended change interval every six months! That makes for expensive ice cubes! Also, the filter unit should have a manual bypass capability - and an element replacement capability. The design forces repeat purchases, whch makes it more a product of marketing than engineering.
- (17/08/13) I have had the system for three years and have had the system serviced each year by the company I purchased the system from. For over a year we have found black carbon pieces in our faucets and black line on the porcelain of our toilet. I have contacted the manufacture and have been given phone number for various departments. No help. The most recent suggestion was to contact a distributor in California to see if they have a suggestion how to correct the problem.
- (18/06/13) We had terrible tasting water but this R/O makes me want to drink more. Use it for all our cooking and drinking needs. Definitely not disappointed.
- (18/06/13) A little pricey but worth every penny once you install and taste the water. Took longer than expected to ship,was in back order. Great quality product