- (December 22, 2004) I purchased this card after reading many reviews of the GF 6600GT series of cards, especially the XFX version of this card. Needless to say I am quite disappointed with what I received. FYI: The card you see pictured above is not the one you will receive. XFX has changed their production process for their 6600GT series of cards. No longer will you get 1.6ns memory, they are now including 2.0ns. Which by itself it not necessarily bad, but every review currently out there was done with the 1.6ns memory. You will not be able to get the same results that the reviewers have gotten in the past. The worst part of the changes XFX made with this card was the heat sink and cooler. The coo
- (December 03, 2004) I was upgrading my son's computer to play the current generation of games and I gave him my ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card. I needed a new video card for myself, and always being an ATI fan, was looking at the Radeon 9800 Pro. I was surprised to see that the "old" 9800 Pro was still in the $230-250.00 price range and I figured everyone was upgrading to play the latest games so the demand for good graphics cards was keeping the prices high. When I shopped for the 9800 Pro I noticed many vendors were "out-of-stock" and even ATI was backordered. That is when I stumbled across the Nvidia GeForce 6 series video cards. I wasn't even considering the "latest chipset" cards since they are always pric
- (November 19, 2004) This is THE budget Doom 3 card! It easily competes with video cards now selling for 400 dollars! The reason for this is that it is one of the first in the next generation of video cards. The AGP version is essentially identical to the PCI-Express version, which supports the option to run this card in a SLI configuration (which essentially means you can run two cards at once and double the performance as each card will render half the info) While I don't this is an option YET, I'm sure it will be in the near future. If you've been waiting for a good card that won't break the bank, this is it.
- (27/08/13) Apple Mac Pro for video editing. It has increased our production due to the speed over our old video card.
- (28/05/13) Very speedy download time on SxS cards. Compact, durable frame, and still lightweight. Would recommend for anyone.
- (21/05/13) Even though the two mini Display ports won't carry audio in a 2008 macpro, you can have a total of 3 video lines running at the same time = very helpful in editing.