- (August 21, 2004) Mine arrived in a small bubble envelope via U.S. mail; the battery had no packaging or indication of where it came from. I was attempting to buy something else from HOCT on the day I placed the order and was told the battery order had already been processed; the invoice and postal sticker had the following day’s date. After sitting in my mailbox—it was shipped USPS even though the website and confirmation e-mail said UPS—for maybe a day, it was 93% charged according to my computer’s battery meter. The front casing was scratched and had a small divot in it. I charged it to 100% and then let the computer sit doing nothing; it held a charge for 1 hour and 27 minutes. When it reached
- (June 05, 2004) This is a replacement for the standard 3200 mAh battery for the IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop. I liked the fact that Simple Micro offered a version with a higher mAh rating, which should give longer battery life. The 3600 mAh version was only a dollar or so more than the 3200 rated one. I decided to purchase a replacement battery rather than OEM because I had read that the original IBM battery had a poor design that led batteries to die prematurely (which I experienced personally)
- (May 05, 2004) This product appears to be as good as the original Compaq laptop battery in all respects, including the built-in charge indicator on the battery itself. Kahlon's price was very competitive, too. All I ask of a replacement battery is that it does the job (it does) and that it doesn't wear out too fast, which remains to be seen.
- (16/09/13) I use the GP-E2 with my new Canon 70D Camera. It can be shoe-mounted, placed in a AB-E1 Bracket attached to the camera (and connected with an interface cord which is provided with the GP-E2), or worn in a pouch on your belt (and connected with a longer interface cable also provided with the GP-E2). I don't use all the features. I am mostly interested in tagging my photos with GPS location data. In my limited experience with the unit, I find it to be quite accurate. It is small, which I like very much. If I had a complaint, it would be that the pouch (for wearing the unit on a Belt) is a real tight fit.
- (11/09/13) I have used this to charge and restore some 20 AA and AAA size NiMH batteries and they are all working very well (some of them have not been used since 2009) after the charge. With the price I paid I am very satisfy with its performance.
- (28/08/13) My laptop Toshiba A660-1GC is fine, semifast, nice working laptop, but primary battery PA 3817U-1BRS is worstest battery ever. When battery and laptop was new, its endin' about 2 hrs used, now when I had using laptop almost a year, I can use laptop only with the chargers, battery is over and death. I must pay an Asus n73sv 17.9" i7 -laptop because Toshiba's battery was worst, Asus- battery is great, no problems, battery chargeds as a new, and stays at least 3 hrs. Toshiba has fine computers but worst batteries!